Podcast: Week 1 Techne and the art of making it ‘work’ (I) De-‐territorialisation, Coherence, installing and the stickiness of grasping the ‘out there’/Dasein)
Seminar Considerations: What is ‘techne’ v ‘technology’. What IS ‘the question’ concerning technology and why should we concern ourselves with it here.
1. Heidegger, Martin, “Question Concerning Technology,” in his The Question Concerning Technology and Other Essays. (ONLINE AND .PDF AVAILABLE).
2. Macunias, G. Fluxus Manifesto:
- Fluxus is an attitude. It is not a movement or a style.
- Fluxus is intermedia.
- Fluxus creators like to see what happens when different media intersect. They use found and everyday objects, sounds, images, and texts to create new combinations of objects, sounds, images, and texts. Fluxus works are simple. The art is small, the texts are short, and the performances are brief.
- Fluxus is fun. Humor has always been an important element in Fluxus.
3. Mobile ART - blog http://blogmobileart.com/tag/workshop/